- Q. - The construction of world’s largest optical telescope has started in which country?
Description Of This Question
The construction of the world’s largest optical telescope has started in northern Chile, which is expected to begin operating in 2024. The Extremely Large Telescope (ELT) is being built by the European Southern Observatory (ESO) and will have a main mirror that is 39m in diameter. The telescope will be positioned on top of Cerro Armazones – a 3046-metre long mountain Chile. It will tackle a wide range of scientific challenges, including probing Earth-like exoplanets for signs of life, studying the nature of dark energy and dark matter, and observing the universe’s early stages to explore humans’ origins.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian squah player has won gold at 2017 Asian Continental Women Blitz Chess Championship?
- What is the India’s GDP forecast for FY 18, as per latest Economic Outlook Survey of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)?
- What is the Digestive acid?
- Captcha is used for?
- GADL signed an agreement with ?