- Q. - Who has become the first Indian to win gold at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?
Description Of This Question
Bajrang Punia has won gold medal for India by defeating South Korea’s Seunghui Lee 6-2 in the men’s 65kg freestyle category at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship in New Delhi. With this, he became the first Indian to win gold in the championship. Apart from him, Sarita Mann won silver in the women’s 58kg category and Sumit Kumar won silver medal in the men’s Freestyle 125 kg category. With this, India finished their Asian Wrestling Championship campaign on a resounding note. The Indian wrestlers overall bagged 10 medals comprising gold, five silver and four bronze.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Gyan Peeth Award for 2015 is given for which book?
- The G-7 Foreign Ministers meeting has started in which country?
- Which country’s team has won the 5th edition of Asian School Hockey Championship-2017?
- The 2017 Island tourism Festival has started in which state / union territory?
- What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for 2017, as per recently revised UN “World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP) as of mid-2017” report?