- Q. - Who has become the first Indian to win gold at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?
Description Of This Question
Bajrang Punia has won gold medal for India by defeating South Korea’s Seunghui Lee 6-2 in the men’s 65kg freestyle category at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship in New Delhi. With this, he became the first Indian to win gold in the championship. Apart from him, Sarita Mann won silver in the women’s 58kg category and Sumit Kumar won silver medal in the men’s Freestyle 125 kg category. With this, India finished their Asian Wrestling Championship campaign on a resounding note. The Indian wrestlers overall bagged 10 medals comprising gold, five silver and four bronze.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2017 Presidential election of Iran?
- “Festival of India” will be organised by which of the following countries?
- Atom with the largest diameter ?
- Tennis Player Sriram Balaji won against the top seeded player Seong Chan of Korea in the $10,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament held in Thailand. He belongs to which state?
- With which country India has signed a MoU on Cooperation in Disaster Management?