- Q. - Anshu Jamsenpa has become the world’s first woman to scale Mt Everest twice within 5 days. She hails from which Indian state?
Description Of This Question
Anshu Jamsenpa, the Indian mountaineer from Arunachal Pradesh, has set the world record by becoming the world’s first woman to conquer Mount Everest twice within five days. Jamsenpa along with Nepali climber Furi Sherpa scaled the peak at 8:00 am on May 21, 2017. Earlier, she stood atop of world’s highest mountain on May 16, 2017. With this, Jamsenpa has also become the first Indian woman to scale Mt Everest for the fifth time. Beside this, Indian climbers Dhankude Kishor Dattatraya and Brij Mohan Sharma also scaled Mt. Everest on May 20, 2017. Brij Mohan Sharma, popularly known as Breeze Sharma has become the first civilian from the Indian Navy to summit Mount Everest. Earlier, Chhurim Sherpa (a Nepali mountaineer ) had scaled Mt Everest twice within a week, reaching the roof of the world first on May 12, 2012, then again on May 19.
Related Topics & Questions:
- ‘Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan’ launched by ?
- Who will head the Task Force on Employment and Exports constituted within the NITI Aayog?
- Which one of the following days is observed as the Father’s Day?
- With which country Nepal has signed three agreements to boost bilateral ties?
- Most intelligent mammal in the world?