- Q. - Anshu Jamsenpa has become the world’s first woman to scale Mt Everest twice within 5 days. She hails from which Indian state?
Description Of This Question
Anshu Jamsenpa, the Indian mountaineer from Arunachal Pradesh, has set the world record by becoming the world’s first woman to conquer Mount Everest twice within five days. Jamsenpa along with Nepali climber Furi Sherpa scaled the peak at 8:00 am on May 21, 2017. Earlier, she stood atop of world’s highest mountain on May 16, 2017. With this, Jamsenpa has also become the first Indian woman to scale Mt Everest for the fifth time. Beside this, Indian climbers Dhankude Kishor Dattatraya and Brij Mohan Sharma also scaled Mt. Everest on May 20, 2017. Brij Mohan Sharma, popularly known as Breeze Sharma has become the first civilian from the Indian Navy to summit Mount Everest. Earlier, Chhurim Sherpa (a Nepali mountaineer ) had scaled Mt Everest twice within a week, reaching the roof of the world first on May 12, 2012, then again on May 19.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The student scientist connect program “Jigyasa” has officially launched in which city?
- Which country has officially recognized Bitcoin and digital currencies as legal money?
- How many Million Dollar Fund is established by the BRICS summit ?
- Who has been appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for a period of 3 years, recently?
- Which water conservation model has been selected for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi national rural employment guarantee programme (MGNREGP)?