- Q. - Which union minister has launched PowerTex India scheme to boost powerloom sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani has recently launched “PowerTex India” a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development in Bhiwandi district of Maharashtra. PowerTex India has also launched simultaneously at over 45 locations in India and will especially benefit small powerloom weavers. The purpose of the 3-year scheme is to boost common infrastructure and modernize the power-loom sector. The scheme has provisions for installation of solar plants and would provide financial assistance/capital subsidy for installation of solar photo voltaic plant (solar plant) by small power-loom units to alleviate the problem of power-cuts. For upgradation of powerloom sector, the union government has also increased subsidy by 30%.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which parliamentary panel has recently recommended 100% pension to widow of deceased soldier?
- With which country has India started a Sports Partnership that would facilitate the exchange of athletes, coaches, technical officials, sports scientists between the two countries?
- Which of the following statements with respect to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) is correct?
I. It replaces the earlier Central Sector Scheme SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters).
II.It has been approved for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle with an allocation of Rs 6000 crore.
- The Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary (MWS) is located in which state?
- Kalika Prasad Bhattacharya, who recently passed away, was the noted folk singer of which language?