- Q. - Which union minister has launched PowerTex India scheme to boost powerloom sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani has recently launched “PowerTex India” a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development in Bhiwandi district of Maharashtra. PowerTex India has also launched simultaneously at over 45 locations in India and will especially benefit small powerloom weavers. The purpose of the 3-year scheme is to boost common infrastructure and modernize the power-loom sector. The scheme has provisions for installation of solar plants and would provide financial assistance/capital subsidy for installation of solar photo voltaic plant (solar plant) by small power-loom units to alleviate the problem of power-cuts. For upgradation of powerloom sector, the union government has also increased subsidy by 30%.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s first-ever digitised Panchayat ward has come up in which of the following states?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Meteorological Day (WMD)?
- Which committee has submitted its’ report to the Union Government to protect the interests of the migrants?
- Which country will become the world’s first country to switch off FM radio?
- Which Indian personality will attend the 2017 St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) as a Guest of Honour?