- Q. - Which union minister has launched PowerTex India scheme to boost powerloom sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani has recently launched “PowerTex India” a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development in Bhiwandi district of Maharashtra. PowerTex India has also launched simultaneously at over 45 locations in India and will especially benefit small powerloom weavers. The purpose of the 3-year scheme is to boost common infrastructure and modernize the power-loom sector. The scheme has provisions for installation of solar plants and would provide financial assistance/capital subsidy for installation of solar photo voltaic plant (solar plant) by small power-loom units to alleviate the problem of power-cuts. For upgradation of powerloom sector, the union government has also increased subsidy by 30%.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Satwik Sai Raj is associated with which sports?
- Which bank has recently signed MoU with CREDAI to work towards providing housing for all?
- How much amount was given as grant by EU and France to curb emissions in India under the Moblise Your City (MYC) initiative?
- The 15th meeting of the Foreign Ministers of BIMSTEC countries has started in which city?
- The first-ever Ganga Cleanliness Pledge Day (GCPD) will be observed on which date in India?