- Q. - Which union minister has launched PowerTex India scheme to boost powerloom sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani has recently launched “PowerTex India” a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development in Bhiwandi district of Maharashtra. PowerTex India has also launched simultaneously at over 45 locations in India and will especially benefit small powerloom weavers. The purpose of the 3-year scheme is to boost common infrastructure and modernize the power-loom sector. The scheme has provisions for installation of solar plants and would provide financial assistance/capital subsidy for installation of solar photo voltaic plant (solar plant) by small power-loom units to alleviate the problem of power-cuts. For upgradation of powerloom sector, the union government has also increased subsidy by 30%.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Srinath Narayanan is associated with which sports?
- India will be signing a MoU with which country to increase bilateral cooperation in urban transport policy?
- The Union Cabinet gave its approval to the proposal to complete the balance works of the North Koel Reservoir Project in Jharkhand and Bihar. In this context, consider the following statements:
I. The Project is located in the most backward tribal areas of Palamau and Garhwa districts of Jharkhand.
II. The construction was originally started in the year 1972 and continued till 1993.
Choose the correct option
- The World Hindi Day (WHD) is observed on which date?
- Bano Qudsia, the renowned Urdu author has passed away. She hailed from which of the following countries?