- Q. - The Union government will launch “SAMPADA Scheme” for which sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union government will launch an umbrella programme ‘SAMPADA’ for food processing sector with Rs. 6,000 crore outlay to integrate current and new schemes. The purpose of the new programme is to reduce food wastage and to double farmers’ income. This programme will help create infrastructure for linkage of entire supply chain. The acronym ‘SAMPADA’ stands for “Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters”.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 2017 Agriculture Science Fair (ASF) was held in which city?
- Which Indian environmental engineer has won the 2017 Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards?
- Within how many days the concerned Ministries have to decide on FDI proposals, according to an office memorandum of Union Finance Ministry?
- Who has been bestowed with the 6th edition of MS Swaminathan award?
- Where is the headquarters of OIC Independent Permanent Human Rights Commission (IPHRC)?