- Q. - The Union government will launch “SAMPADA Scheme” for which sector?
Description Of This Question
The Union government will launch an umbrella programme ‘SAMPADA’ for food processing sector with Rs. 6,000 crore outlay to integrate current and new schemes. The purpose of the new programme is to reduce food wastage and to double farmers’ income. This programme will help create infrastructure for linkage of entire supply chain. The acronym ‘SAMPADA’ stands for “Scheme for Agro-Marine Produce Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters”.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Where is the headquarters of the Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI)?
- What is the theme of 2017 National Girl Child Day?
- Who has bagged the Sahitya Academy Award for translation 2016 has his book One Part Woman is a translated version of which Tamil novel?
- What is the theme of 2017 Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF)?
- In which state the ‘Majhi Kanya Bhagyashree’ scheme is being implemented?