- Q. - What is the theme of the 2017 World Malaria Day (WMD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed every year on April 25 to create awareness among the people about this vector borne disease. The 2017 theme is “End malaria for good”. According to World Health Organisation (WHO), nearly four lakh people die of malaria every year in the world. Tackling malaria is improving with a 29% drop in mortality rates between 2010 and 2015 and a 21% global decrease in cases. In India, every year close to one million people suffer from this diseases. Malaria caused by the falciparum parasite is the most serious, and can lead to breathing problems, liver failure, coma and eventual death. In areas with high malaria concentration, pregnant women and children are most at risk of contracting the disease. Around Ninety-one countries are working to reduce their malaria burden through the deployment and use of WHO-recommended preventive, diagnostic and treatment tools.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Recently, which of the following organisation will organize the World Space Week?
- Competition for food, light and space is most severe in ?
- What is COMMON GATEWAY INTERFACE?
- Which country’s Supreme court has canceled the result of August 2017 presidential election?
- Who prohibited FDI in manufacturing of tobacco products ?