- Q. - What is the theme of the 2017 World Malaria Day (WMD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Malaria Day (WMD) is observed every year on April 25 to create awareness among the people about this vector borne disease. The 2017 theme is “End malaria for good”. According to World Health Organisation (WHO), nearly four lakh people die of malaria every year in the world. Tackling malaria is improving with a 29% drop in mortality rates between 2010 and 2015 and a 21% global decrease in cases. In India, every year close to one million people suffer from this diseases. Malaria caused by the falciparum parasite is the most serious, and can lead to breathing problems, liver failure, coma and eventual death. In areas with high malaria concentration, pregnant women and children are most at risk of contracting the disease. Around Ninety-one countries are working to reduce their malaria burden through the deployment and use of WHO-recommended preventive, diagnostic and treatment tools.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which committee has been constituted by the Haryana Government to resolve the problem of those agitating for reservation and other issues of the state?
- निम्नलिखित मई से कोन – सा तथ्य भूमंडलीय उष्मीकरण से जुड़ा मन जाता है ?
- निम्नलिखित में से कौन सा संगठन एक वित्तीय संस्था है?
- Which renowned poet to be honoured with the 37th edition of prestigious Sarala Award for his outstanding poetry?
- Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, Where was the Rajaswa Gyan Sangam?