- Q. - Which state government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows?
Description Of This Question
The Rajasthan government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows. The surcharge will be applicable on non-judicial instruments. The cess will have a bearing on costs of making documents like property sale or lease deeds, rent agreements and mortgage. Though, judicial stamps, revenue ticket and insurance ticket have been excluded from this order. Rajasthan is the only state in India which has a dedicated Cow Ministry. At present, the Rajasthan Cow Ministry is allocated 11% share of the entire land registrations revenue.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the theme of 2017 International Mine Awareness Day (IMAD)?
- Which state government has launched e-textbook portal for school students?
- Which union ministry has launched nation-wide training programme for Elected Women representatives (EWRs) of Panchayats?
- Shreyas Mehta is associated with which sports?
- “Beipanjiang Bridge” the world’s highest bridge is in which country?