- Q. - Which state government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows?
Description Of This Question
The Rajasthan government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows. The surcharge will be applicable on non-judicial instruments. The cess will have a bearing on costs of making documents like property sale or lease deeds, rent agreements and mortgage. Though, judicial stamps, revenue ticket and insurance ticket have been excluded from this order. Rajasthan is the only state in India which has a dedicated Cow Ministry. At present, the Rajasthan Cow Ministry is allocated 11% share of the entire land registrations revenue.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following has become the the first re-insurer to set up base in financial hub Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
- Which among the following was ranked world’s most affordable tech city as per Savills Tech Cities 2017 rankings?
- Which two countries have signed a MoU on Collaborative Research in Silkworm?
- When is International Day of Non Violence observed every year?
- Who has been honoured for Jnanpith Award 2017 for the contribution to Hindi literature?