- Q. - Which state government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows?
Description Of This Question
The Rajasthan government has imposed a 10% cow cess as surcharge on stamp duty for protection and propagation of cows. The surcharge will be applicable on non-judicial instruments. The cess will have a bearing on costs of making documents like property sale or lease deeds, rent agreements and mortgage. Though, judicial stamps, revenue ticket and insurance ticket have been excluded from this order. Rajasthan is the only state in India which has a dedicated Cow Ministry. At present, the Rajasthan Cow Ministry is allocated 11% share of the entire land registrations revenue.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently launched “Adarsh Gram Yojana” for rural poor?
- What is the reverse repo rate as per the Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2017-18 announced by RBI on June 7, 2017?
- With which country India signed a “white shipping” agreement to improve data sharing on non-classified merchant navy ships or cargo ship?
- Who has been appointed as the new chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)?
- The International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on which date?