- Q. - Who has recently taken charge as new Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Description Of This Question
BP Kanungo has recently taken charge as the new Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of three years in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He succeeded R Gandhi. Prior to this appointment, Kanungo was holding the position of Executive Director of RBI. He has worked in several functional areas of the banks such as foreign exchange management, banking and non-banking supervision, currency management, government and bank accounts and public debt. Kanungo has also served as the head of regional offices of RBI at Jaipur and Kolkata besides holding the position of the Banking Ombudsman for Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which organisation publishes the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI)?
- Which Indian personality has been conferred with the WHO Director-General’s Special Recognition Award for global tobacco control?
- Which bank has launched an instant digital Loan Against Securities (LAS) facility?
- In which category Sajan of India won the bronze medal at the Junior World Wrestling Championships in Tampere, Finland?
- Who topped the ICC latest ranking among all-rounders in Test Cricket?