- Q. - Who has recently taken charge as new Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Description Of This Question
BP Kanungo has recently taken charge as the new Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of three years in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He succeeded R Gandhi. Prior to this appointment, Kanungo was holding the position of Executive Director of RBI. He has worked in several functional areas of the banks such as foreign exchange management, banking and non-banking supervision, currency management, government and bank accounts and public debt. Kanungo has also served as the head of regional offices of RBI at Jaipur and Kolkata besides holding the position of the Banking Ombudsman for Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on which date?
- What is the name of India’s first see through coach introduced by Indian Railway on its Visakhapatnam-Kirandul passenger train?
- 2. Who among the following students is not selected for Gates Cambridge scholars 2017?
- Which Indian diplomat has been appointed as the member of the United Nations (UN)’ Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)?
- The book “Death Under The Deodars: The Adventures of Miss Ripley-Bean” has been authored by whom?