- Q. - Who is the newly appointed chairman of Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)?
Description Of This Question
Shiva Kirti Singh, the retired Supreme Court judge, has been appointed the new chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT). The top slot in the telecom tribunal had been vacant for nearly a year since Justice Aftab Alam retired in June 2016. The purpose of the TDAST is to adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector and to promote and ensure orderly growth of the telecom sector As per norms, the head of the dispute resolution agency for the telecom industry must be a person, who has been a Supreme Court judge, or the chief justice of a high court.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian bank has launched a unique credit card “Unnati” to spread credit inclusion?
- In which year will NASA fly Solar Probe Plus right into sun’s atmosphere?
- Which of the following companies has launched “Digital Unlocked” the training program for Indian small businesses?
- Captain Chand Roop, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
- Who has won the 2017 Men’s Singles title of Monte Carlo Masters Tennis tournament?