- Q. - Who is the newly appointed chairman of Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)?
Description Of This Question
Shiva Kirti Singh, the retired Supreme Court judge, has been appointed the new chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT). The top slot in the telecom tribunal had been vacant for nearly a year since Justice Aftab Alam retired in June 2016. The purpose of the TDAST is to adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector and to promote and ensure orderly growth of the telecom sector As per norms, the head of the dispute resolution agency for the telecom industry must be a person, who has been a Supreme Court judge, or the chief justice of a high court.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Miroslav Lajcák was elected the President of 72nd session of United Nations General Assembly. He is a former Foreign Minister of ________.
- Which state government has launched pilot project “Sex Ratio Monitoring Dashboard” for the state?
- Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, who passed away recently, was the former President of which country?
- Which Indian-origin personality has been appointed as the new UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador?
- Who has been crowned Miss Teen Universe 2017?