- Q. - Who is the newly appointed chairman of Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT)?
Description Of This Question
Shiva Kirti Singh, the retired Supreme Court judge, has been appointed the new chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement & Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT). The top slot in the telecom tribunal had been vacant for nearly a year since Justice Aftab Alam retired in June 2016. The purpose of the TDAST is to adjudicate disputes and dispose of appeals with a view to protect the interests of service providers and consumers of the telecom sector and to promote and ensure orderly growth of the telecom sector As per norms, the head of the dispute resolution agency for the telecom industry must be a person, who has been a Supreme Court judge, or the chief justice of a high court.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the India’s GDP growth rate in 2018, as per latest World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report?
- The book “That thing called love” has been authored by whom?
- The book “Between Two Worlds – The Assamese Sikhs” has been authored by whom?
- India has signed pact with which country on Parliamentary Cooperation?
- Which country has become the world’s largest arms importer during 2012-16, according to the latest report by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?