- Q. - Which institute has topped the 2017 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings for higher educational institutions?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has topped the 2017 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings for higher educational institutions in overall ranking. IIT Madras stood at 2nd position, followed by IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi and Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU). The institutes are ranked by the National Bureau of Accreditation (NBA) based on their teaching and learning resources, graduation outcome, perception, outreach and inclusivity and research productivity. This year, the project has more than 800 new participants and some new categories has also been introduced in medicine and law. Apart from this, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has topped the list in India Rankings 2017 in engineering category, followed by IIT Bombay and Kharagpur. Whereas, Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad bagged the first rank in management category while Miranda House, Delhi was ranked the top college. The 2017 India Rankings for higher educational institutions has been released by Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi on April 3, 2017.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India has recently signed MoU with which country for technical cooperation in rail sector especially on safety related subjects?
- Which Indian student has been selected to represent India as young journalist at the global Football for Friendship (F4F) social programme?
- The book “Contemporary West Asia – Perspectives on Change and Continuity” has been authored by whom?
- The book “Between Two Worlds – The Assamese Sikhs” has been authored by whom?
- Who has been awarded ‘Scroll of Honor’ by Government of India (GoI) to promote cashless transactions?