- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 WEF’s Global Travel and Tourism Competitive Index (GTTCI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 40th out of 136 countries in the 2017 World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index (GTTCI), as per WEF’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017. In the global ranking, Spain has topped the list, followed by France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom. The report ranks countries across 14 dimensions, revealing how well countries could deliver sustainable economic and societal benefits through their travel and tourism sector. Apart from the ranking, the report also showed how the industry is a force for good in an otherwise largely stagnant global economy. The global travel and tourism sector accounts for 10% of global GDP, growing faster than other sectors and providing one in 10 jobs.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 2017 Indo-Thai joint military exercise “Maitree” has started in which Indian state?
- Which country has approved a bill to boost military defence by US $500 million?
- Which country has won the 2017 Ice Hockey World Championship?
- Which noted journalist has passed away recently at the age of 62?
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of France?