- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 WEF’s Global Travel and Tourism Competitive Index (GTTCI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 40th out of 136 countries in the 2017 World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index (GTTCI), as per WEF’s Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2017. In the global ranking, Spain has topped the list, followed by France, Germany, Japan and the United Kingdom. The report ranks countries across 14 dimensions, revealing how well countries could deliver sustainable economic and societal benefits through their travel and tourism sector. Apart from the ranking, the report also showed how the industry is a force for good in an otherwise largely stagnant global economy. The global travel and tourism sector accounts for 10% of global GDP, growing faster than other sectors and providing one in 10 jobs.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian made it to the Times 100 Inuential People list of 2017?
- Which state government has recently imposed a ban on sale of High in Fat, Salt and Sugar (HFSS) food at school canteens?
- Which committee has been constituted by the Haryana Government to resolve the problem of those agitating for reservation and other issues of the state?
- Where did the India-Australia Joint Maritime Exercise ‘AUSINDEX-17’ begin on June 13, 2017?
- Which Indian scientist has won the 2017 Dan David prize in the “Future” category?