- Q. - India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) has set up in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Union Agriculture Minister Radhamohan Singh has inaugurated India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) at Argul in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on April 1, 2017. The research centre has been constructed in joint collaboration of UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation and Union government’s Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to conduct research on viral disease of cattle and buffaloes. The centre has the facility for safe handling and storage of live Foot and Mouth disease virus that essentially is required for control of the disease. The samples from all over the country will be collected in this research centre to find a cure of the disease. Notably, India is suffering a loss of Rs. 23 thousand crore annually due to Foot and Mouth disease of cattle and buffalos.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which tennis pair has won the 2017 Aircel Chennai Open men’s doubles tournament?
- Which state government has launched “Mahaswayam portal” for job seekers and employers?
- Which state government has formed a panel on separate flag for the state?
- Which Indian American has been chosen for the 2017 NASA Astronaut Candidate Class?
- Who has been honoured with the Life Time Achievement (LTA) award at the 2017 Jaipur International Film Festival (JIFF)?