- Q. - India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) has set up in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Union Agriculture Minister Radhamohan Singh has inaugurated India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) at Argul in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on April 1, 2017. The research centre has been constructed in joint collaboration of UN’s Food and Agriculture Organisation and Union government’s Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to conduct research on viral disease of cattle and buffaloes. The centre has the facility for safe handling and storage of live Foot and Mouth disease virus that essentially is required for control of the disease. The samples from all over the country will be collected in this research centre to find a cure of the disease. Notably, India is suffering a loss of Rs. 23 thousand crore annually due to Foot and Mouth disease of cattle and buffalos.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which organisation was handed over the technology of Bullet Proof Jacket by DRDO?
- The Sri Lankan Cabinet recently revised the agreement for Hambantota Port built by a country. Name the country.
- Ueli Steck, a renowned mountain climber has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- DARPAN a web application to monitor all government funded projects is launched by
- Which country citizens will be granted with gratis visas on visiting India?