- Q. - The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is located in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is the India’s premier advanced research facility in the field of veterinary medicine and allied branches. It is in news because Scientists at the IVRI is in process of setting up a Deoxyribo- Nucleic Acid (DNA) bank for wild animals, the first of its kind in North India, which is expected to start at the end of 2017. So far, they have collected samples of 140 species. Through the DNA bank, scientists at IVRI’s Centre for Wildlife will be able to tell the name and schedule of the species if they get only a part of the meat, hair, blood, skin or bone of any animal. Besides, the centre is also collecting serum of animals. The move will help clamp down on wildlife poaching and smuggling and also aid in research on wildlife species. At present, a DNA bank exists in Hyderabad. The headquarters of IVRI is located at Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) in July 2017 agreed to award the 2024 and 2028 Games to two cities. Name the two cities that will be hosting the 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games.
- Who is the newly elected President of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI)?
- Japan will provide how much Official Development Assistance (ODA) loan for infrastructure projects in India for FY 17?
- K V Pusa, who passed away recently, was the noted politician of which state?
- The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) has offered honourary life membership to which Indian women cricket player?