- Q. - The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is located in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) is the India’s premier advanced research facility in the field of veterinary medicine and allied branches. It is in news because Scientists at the IVRI is in process of setting up a Deoxyribo- Nucleic Acid (DNA) bank for wild animals, the first of its kind in North India, which is expected to start at the end of 2017. So far, they have collected samples of 140 species. Through the DNA bank, scientists at IVRI’s Centre for Wildlife will be able to tell the name and schedule of the species if they get only a part of the meat, hair, blood, skin or bone of any animal. Besides, the centre is also collecting serum of animals. The move will help clamp down on wildlife poaching and smuggling and also aid in research on wildlife species. At present, a DNA bank exists in Hyderabad. The headquarters of IVRI is located at Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 2017 hunting festival “Bishu Parv” was observed in which state?
- Mehrunnisa Dalwai, the renowned Muslim rights activist passed away. She hailed from which state?
- How much loan amount was sanctioned by NABARD for creation of rural infrastructure in Rajasthan?
- India has recently signed MoU with which country for technical cooperation in rail sector especially on safety related subjects?
- India’s longest cable-stayed bridge across river Narmada is situated on which National Highway (NH)?