- Q. - Which Indian-origin educationist has won the ‘Asian Businesswoman of Year’ award?
Description Of This Question
Dame Asha Khemka, an Indian-origin educationist in the UK, has won the ‘Asian Businesswoman of the Year’ award for her efforts in the field of education and skills at the Asian Business Awards ceremony in Birmingham in April 2017. She is the Principal and CEO of West Nottinghamshire College in England. Khemka was appointed a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2014 in recognition of her services to the deprived areas of the West Midlands as principal of West Nottinghamshire College.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the India’s GDP growth rate in FY 17, as per the latest report of World Bank (WB)?
- The 2017 Udyanotsav Feastival will be held in which of the following cities?
- Who has will be the new Vice-Chairman of NITI Aayog?
- Consider the following statements with respect to recent developments under Namami Gange Programme: I. National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) approved projects worth Rs 1,900 crore for creation of sewage treatment infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi. II. 100% sewage treatment facility will be made available for Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vrindavan, Varanasi, Allahabad and NCT of Delhi.
- India’s first-ever transgender athletic meet was held in which state?