- Q. - Which high level committee has been set up to examine working of regulatory bodies for AYUSH system of medicine?
Description Of This Question
The high-level committee headed by Arvind Panagariya has been set up to examine the working of the regulatory bodies viz. Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) and Central Council of Homoeopathy(CCH) and their governing legislations viz. Indian Medicine Central Council (IMCC) Act 1970 and Homoeopathy Central Council (HCC) Act 1973 respectively, for suggesting suitable reforms. Panagariya is the Chairmanship of Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog. The AYUSH systems of medicine are regulated by two statutory regulatory bodies viz. CCIM and CCH. These regulatory bodies regulate education and practice of AYUSH systems of medicine through its subordinate regulations and also maintain central registers of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian manufacturing sector registered a record growth last financial year?
- The 2017 Assam International Agri-Horiculture show has started in which city?
- What is the India’s GDP growth rate in 2018, as per latest World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report?
- Who will lead the toilet usage campaign “Darwaza Band” of the Union Government?
- Which country has been elected as the new President of Governing Council of UN-Habitat?