- Q. - Which high level committee has been set up to examine working of regulatory bodies for AYUSH system of medicine?
Description Of This Question
The high-level committee headed by Arvind Panagariya has been set up to examine the working of the regulatory bodies viz. Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) and Central Council of Homoeopathy(CCH) and their governing legislations viz. Indian Medicine Central Council (IMCC) Act 1970 and Homoeopathy Central Council (HCC) Act 1973 respectively, for suggesting suitable reforms. Panagariya is the Chairmanship of Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog. The AYUSH systems of medicine are regulated by two statutory regulatory bodies viz. CCIM and CCH. These regulatory bodies regulate education and practice of AYUSH systems of medicine through its subordinate regulations and also maintain central registers of Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix, who has been appointed United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations, is from which country?
- Who was appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Tata Motors in August 2017?
- Which union ministry has launched annual book ‘India-2017’ & ‘Bharat-2017?
- Which Indian bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to boost trade with Latin America?
- Which country is the third largest exporter of beef in the world, according to OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-26?