- Q. - Which country’s honorary citizenship has been received by Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai?
Description Of This Question
Nobel Peace laureate Malala Yousafzai has become only the 6th person to receive honorary Canadian citizenship for advocating girls’ education. The Pakistani activist was welcomed to the seat of Canada’s democracy by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. At age 19, Yousafzai is the youngest person to speak to Canadian members of parliament and senators in a joint session. She is also the youngest to receive honorary Canadian citizenship — a privilege previously granted to five others including Nelson Mandela, the Dalai Lama and Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi.
Related Topics & Questions:
- BCAS has recently suspended the licence of budget carrier IndiGo’s aviation security training facility. What does BCAS stands for?
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is observed on which date?
- India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative “Trin Trin” has launched in which city?
- Which country will host the Implementation and Assessment Group Meeting of the Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism (GICNT)?
- Which IIT institute has collaborated with the British Geological Survey (BGS) to turn Varanasi into a smart city?