- Q. - Which country has become the new member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program?
Description Of This Question
Myanmar has become the 7th member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 2017. The SASEC program was formed in 2001 in response to the request of the four countries of South Asia – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal – from ADB to assist in facilitating economic cooperation among them. As a project-based partnership, the SASEC program has been helping realize regional prosperity by enhancing cross-border connectivity, facilitating faster and more efficient trade and promoting cross-border power trade. Maldives and Sri Lanka joined SASEC in 2014.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which State was the India’s first Rural LED Street Lighting Project launched?
- In India recently which state becomes the fifth state to adopt tax reforms law in GST?
- India’s first Micro Drama Fest was named after a Greek Actor. What was the name of this fest?
- Which country hosted the 2017 International Basava Convention (IBC)?
- Which city is hosting the International Vision Zero Conference on Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)?