- Q. - Which country has become the new member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program?
Description Of This Question
Myanmar has become the 7th member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 2017. The SASEC program was formed in 2001 in response to the request of the four countries of South Asia – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal – from ADB to assist in facilitating economic cooperation among them. As a project-based partnership, the SASEC program has been helping realize regional prosperity by enhancing cross-border connectivity, facilitating faster and more efficient trade and promoting cross-border power trade. Maldives and Sri Lanka joined SASEC in 2014.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which football team has won the 38th edition of Indian Federation Cup Football tournament-2017?
- The National Anti-Child Labour Day is observed on which day in India?
- Which union minister has launched Operation Clean Portal for transparent tax administration?
- Which country’s women football team has won the 2016 SAFF Women’s Championship?
- Alexander Zverev has won the 2017 Men’s singles Rome Masters tennis tournament. He hails from which country?