- Q. - Which country has become the new member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program?
Description Of This Question
Myanmar has become the 7th member of South Asia Sub-regional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in 2017. The SASEC program was formed in 2001 in response to the request of the four countries of South Asia – Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Nepal – from ADB to assist in facilitating economic cooperation among them. As a project-based partnership, the SASEC program has been helping realize regional prosperity by enhancing cross-border connectivity, facilitating faster and more efficient trade and promoting cross-border power trade. Maldives and Sri Lanka joined SASEC in 2014.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which city of India the Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 will be held?
- Which city is hosting the international conference on e-governance “ICEGOV 2017”?
- For implementing which country’s energy efficiency programme did India sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU)?
- Which country launched the Sahara Forest Project?
- Sitaram Panchal, who passed away recently, was associated with which field?