- Q. - Which city has become the first Indian city to offer 1Gbps wired broadband internet service?
Description Of This Question
The Atria Convergence Technologies (ACT) Fibrenet has recently launched 1 Gigabit per second wired broadband internet service in Hyderabad. With this launch, Hyderabad has become the India’s first ‘Giga-enabled’. ACT Fibrenet uses fiber optic technology and its 1 Gbps offering is 400 times faster than the average internet speed of 2.5 megabits per second in India. Giga speeds will allow downloads from the internet faster than transferring data from a USB drive and will be available for Rs 5,999 per month.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country launched VENUS satellite (Vegetation and Environment Monitoring New Micro-Satellite)?
- Which state government has launched “G-Ride”, a digital ride sharing app for techies?
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of France?
- Sundaram Ravi is associated with which sports?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Telecommunication and Information Society Day (WTISD)?