- Q. - Which city has become the first Indian city to offer 1Gbps wired broadband internet service?
Description Of This Question
The Atria Convergence Technologies (ACT) Fibrenet has recently launched 1 Gigabit per second wired broadband internet service in Hyderabad. With this launch, Hyderabad has become the India’s first ‘Giga-enabled’. ACT Fibrenet uses fiber optic technology and its 1 Gbps offering is 400 times faster than the average internet speed of 2.5 megabits per second in India. Giga speeds will allow downloads from the internet faster than transferring data from a USB drive and will be available for Rs 5,999 per month.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently declared Dailong village as biodiversity heritage site of the state?
- Which state will become the first Indian state to invite all Twitter and Facebook users to interact with the Chief Minister (CM)?
- What is the theme of 2017 International Day of Forests?
- Which Indian American has been chosen for the 2017 NASA Astronaut Candidate Class?
- What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 18, according to Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s latest report “Asian Development Outlook 2017”?