- Q. - Who has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
Description Of This Question
Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist who was arrested in a crackdown on the media in September 2001 and was known for his critical and insightful reporting, has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize. His present location is unknown. The $25,000 Prize is named in honour of Guillermo Cano Isaza, a Colombian journalist who was assassinated in 1986 in front of the offices of his El Espectador newspaper in Bogotá. It is awarded each year to an individual or organization that has persevered to protect press freedoms under adversity. The Prize will be awarded during the celebration of 2017 World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) on May 3, which will be hosted in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Recently which country conducted first glide test of its first amphibious aircraft AG600, stated to be the largest in the word?
- Who of the following have been chosen for the 2016 Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith?
- Who has taken charge as the Whole Time Member (WTM) of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)?
- What is the theme of 2017 International Nurse Day (IND)?
- Which online facility has been launched by the Union Government to provide direct solution to problem of agriculture sector?