- Q. - Who has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
Description Of This Question
Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist who was arrested in a crackdown on the media in September 2001 and was known for his critical and insightful reporting, has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize. His present location is unknown. The $25,000 Prize is named in honour of Guillermo Cano Isaza, a Colombian journalist who was assassinated in 1986 in front of the offices of his El Espectador newspaper in Bogotá. It is awarded each year to an individual or organization that has persevered to protect press freedoms under adversity. The Prize will be awarded during the celebration of 2017 World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) on May 3, which will be hosted in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently launched “Adarsh Gram Yojana” for rural poor?
- Which city is hosting the National Conference of NITI Aayog?
- Which Indian personality has been conferred with the WHO Director-General’s Special Recognition Award for global tobacco control?
- Which of the following statements with respect to Russia’s fifth generation fighter plane Su-57 is correct?
I. Su-57 is a fifth-generation multirole, single seat, twin-engine air superiority/deep air support fighter.
II. The fighter plane is intended to replace the Russian Air Force’s fleet of MiG-29 and Su-27.
- India will be signing a MoU with which country to increase bilateral cooperation in urban transport policy?