- Q. - Who has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
Description Of This Question
Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist who was arrested in a crackdown on the media in September 2001 and was known for his critical and insightful reporting, has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize. His present location is unknown. The $25,000 Prize is named in honour of Guillermo Cano Isaza, a Colombian journalist who was assassinated in 1986 in front of the offices of his El Espectador newspaper in Bogotá. It is awarded each year to an individual or organization that has persevered to protect press freedoms under adversity. The Prize will be awarded during the celebration of 2017 World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) on May 3, which will be hosted in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Consider the following statements with respect to recent developments under Namami Gange Programme: I. National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) approved projects worth Rs 1,900 crore for creation of sewage treatment infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi. II. 100% sewage treatment facility will be made available for Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vrindavan, Varanasi, Allahabad and NCT of Delhi.
- Which private defence manufacturer has developed two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) ‘Shachi’ and ‘Shruti’?
- Venkaiah Naidu was elected as 13th Vice-President of India. Which Article of the Indian Constitution provides for the election of the Vice-President?
- Which city has been designated UNESCO World Book Capital 2018?
- Who has won the 2017 ATP Mexico Open hard court tennis tournament?