- Q. - Who has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize?
Description Of This Question
Dawit Isaak, an imprisoned Eritrean-Swedish journalist who was arrested in a crackdown on the media in September 2001 and was known for his critical and insightful reporting, has been chosen for the 2017 UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize. His present location is unknown. The $25,000 Prize is named in honour of Guillermo Cano Isaza, a Colombian journalist who was assassinated in 1986 in front of the offices of his El Espectador newspaper in Bogotá. It is awarded each year to an individual or organization that has persevered to protect press freedoms under adversity. The Prize will be awarded during the celebration of 2017 World Press Freedom Day (WPFD) on May 3, which will be hosted in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Tea Board of India?
- Airports Authority of India flagged Ambulance service with Advanced Life Support Systems (ALS) in which Indian state?
- Who has been declared Man of the tournament in 2017 T-20 Deaf and Dumb Asia Cup?
- Who has been conferred with the Tholkappiyar Award for the year 2015-16?
- Name the Indian-American who is among the 12 new astronauts chosen by NASA to train them for missions into Earth orbit and to deep space.