- Q. - Who has become the India’s first-ever transgender police Sub-Inspector?
Description Of This Question
K Prithika Yashini has become the India’s first-ever transgender person to become a police official, when she took charge as sub-inspector in Dharmapuri district in Tamil Nadu. In terms of judgement of the Madras High Court delivered in November 2015, directions were given to the Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) to appoint K Prithika Yashini as a sub-inspector of police as she is entitled to get the job. The judgement further directed the TNUSRB to include transgender people as a “third category”, apart from the usual category of “male” and “female”.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s largest floating solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) plant has been installed in which state?
- What was the name given to the unique microbus recently discovered by NASA?
- Which state government will set up modern ornamental fish hatchery in the state?
- Which bollywood actress has been bestowed with the 2017 International Humanitarian Award at the Asian Voice Charity Awards?
- Who was appointed as the Chancellor of JNU recently?