- Q. - Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
Description Of This Question
Vanaja N. Sarna, a 1980 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (IRS), has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). She succeeded Najib Shah. The CBEC is the apex body for framing policy and administrative issues related to indirect tax, and central excise duty. It works under finance ministry, which comprises of a chairperson and a maximum of six members.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state govt. has signed MoU with Verbind for to set up a logistics and trading hub in the state?
- Barbara Tarbuck, who passed away recently, was the noted actress of which country?
- In which of the following sector India and Japan signed MoC?
- With which country India signed an MoU on cooperation in the field of youth affairs?
- The book “That thing called love” has been authored by whom?