- Q. - Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
Description Of This Question
Vanaja N. Sarna, a 1980 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (IRS), has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). She succeeded Najib Shah. The CBEC is the apex body for framing policy and administrative issues related to indirect tax, and central excise duty. It works under finance ministry, which comprises of a chairperson and a maximum of six members.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which institute has topped the 2017 National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings for higher educational institutions?
- Which country to host the 22nd edition of Asian Athletics Championship 2017?
- Who has been appointed as the new President of the Rockefeller Foundation?
- What is the theme of 2017 International Mine Awareness Day (IMAD)?
- The International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression is observed on which date?