- Q. - Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)?
Description Of This Question
Vanaja N. Sarna, a 1980 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (IRS), has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC). She succeeded Najib Shah. The CBEC is the apex body for framing policy and administrative issues related to indirect tax, and central excise duty. It works under finance ministry, which comprises of a chairperson and a maximum of six members.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian personality has been conferred with the WHO Director-General’s Special Recognition Award for global tobacco control?
- Muhammed Anas, who recently qualified for 2017 London World Athletics Championships, hails from which Indian state?
- Which of the following is the world’s largest street light replacement programme of India?
- Who has been sworn-in as the new President of Ghana?
- Which country/ organisation has designated the Pakistan based Hizbul Mujahideen as terrorist organisation?