- Q. - Which union minister has inaugurated India’s largest waste-to-power plant in New Delhi?
Description Of This Question
The Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu has recently inaugurated India’s largest waste-to-power plant at Narela-Bawana in New Delhi. The 24 Mega Watt plant would not only dispose of 1,300 Metric Tonne waste on a daily basis but also produce compost and energy. The project, built at a cost of Rs. 650 crore and spread across around 100 acres at Narela-Bawana, will use 2,000 metric tonnes of solid waste every day to generate 24 MW of energy. The power generated would be sold to distribution companies for a price fixed by electricity regulator.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been appointed the new member to the Sports Authority of India (SAI)?
- Who has won the 2017 World Snooker Championship?
- Who among the following is not one of the winners of 2017 Kalinga Literary Awards announced by the Odisha government?
- The 2017 United Nations Oceans Conference will be held in which city?
- Who has become the first Indian to win in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship?