- Q. - The tribal festival of nature worshipping “Sarhul” has started in which state?
Description Of This Question
The popular tribal festival of nature worshipping – ‘Sarhul’ has started in all over Jharkhand with enthusiasm. The festival marks the beginning of New Year by worshiping trees. This annual festival is celebrated during the spring season when trees and other elements of nature are worshiped. Sarhul literally means ‘Worship of Sal’. The festival is dedicated to Dharti mata — Mother Earth. Tribals believe that they can use new crop mainly paddy, leaves of the trees, flowers and fruits of the season only after this festival is celebrated.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which university has bagged Visitors’ Award for ‘Best University 2017’?
- Which union minister has inaugurated India’s largest waste-to-power plant in New Delhi?
- Gilbert Baker, the LGBT rainbow flag creator has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- Who of the following has won the 2017 Men’s Doubles Tallahassee Challenger title?
- Who has been appointed as new Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations (UN)?