- Q. - The tribal festival of nature worshipping “Sarhul” has started in which state?
Description Of This Question
The popular tribal festival of nature worshipping – ‘Sarhul’ has started in all over Jharkhand with enthusiasm. The festival marks the beginning of New Year by worshiping trees. This annual festival is celebrated during the spring season when trees and other elements of nature are worshiped. Sarhul literally means ‘Worship of Sal’. The festival is dedicated to Dharti mata — Mother Earth. Tribals believe that they can use new crop mainly paddy, leaves of the trees, flowers and fruits of the season only after this festival is celebrated.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The 2017 India Integrated Transport and Logistics Summit was held in which city?
- Which state government has launched a program to provide free wifi facilities in educational institutions?
- The first NIMCARE World Health Day Summit 2017 has started in which city?
- Which player retains top spot in the men’s Association of Tennis Professionals world singles rankings?
- Which country has appointed Hana Khatib as first female judge in its Muslim sharia court system?