- Q. - What is the theme of the 2017 World Kidney Day (WKD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Kidney Day (WKD) is observed every year on the 2nd Thursday in March as a global health awareness campaign to raise awareness about impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide. The WKD is a joint initiative of the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF) and International Society of Nephrology (ISN). In 2017, the WKD was observed on March 9 with the theme “Kidney Disease and Obesity: Healthy Lifestyle for Healthy Kidneys” to promote education about the harmful consequences of obesity and its association with kidney disease, advocating healthy lifestyle and health policy measures that make preventive behaviors an affordable option.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who authored Asha Parekh’s autobiography The Hit Girl?
- Alexander Zverev has won the 2017 Men’s singles Rome Masters tennis tournament. He hails from which country?
- Recently World Immunization Week 2017 observed with the theme
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
- How much fund has been allocated to the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS) for fiscal year 2017-18?