- Q. - What is the theme of the 2017 World Kidney Day (WKD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Kidney Day (WKD) is observed every year on the 2nd Thursday in March as a global health awareness campaign to raise awareness about impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide. The WKD is a joint initiative of the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF) and International Society of Nephrology (ISN). In 2017, the WKD was observed on March 9 with the theme “Kidney Disease and Obesity: Healthy Lifestyle for Healthy Kidneys” to promote education about the harmful consequences of obesity and its association with kidney disease, advocating healthy lifestyle and health policy measures that make preventive behaviors an affordable option.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which of the following e-commerce site has got RBI’s approval to launch e-wallet in India?
- Who is the newly elected President of the European Council (EC)?
- Which country will organise the World Theatre Olympics (WTO) 2018?
- In which country a new fruit bat species resembling Star War’s character ‘Yoda’ was discovered?
- What is the theme of the 2017 National Safety Week (NSW) of India?