- Q. - What is the theme of the 2017 World Kidney Day (WKD)?
Description Of This Question
The World Kidney Day (WKD) is observed every year on the 2nd Thursday in March as a global health awareness campaign to raise awareness about impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide. The WKD is a joint initiative of the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF) and International Society of Nephrology (ISN). In 2017, the WKD was observed on March 9 with the theme “Kidney Disease and Obesity: Healthy Lifestyle for Healthy Kidneys” to promote education about the harmful consequences of obesity and its association with kidney disease, advocating healthy lifestyle and health policy measures that make preventive behaviors an affordable option.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The Sakewa Festival has recently celebrated in which state?
- Which Indian-origin educationist has won the ‘Asian Businesswoman of Year’ award?
- Who won the men’s doubles title of the 2017 French Open?
- Kristin Davis has been appointed the new UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador. She hails from which country?
- Which film will represent India at the 52nd Karlong Vary International Film Festival?