- Q. - Tarak Mehta, who recently passed away, was the noted play writer of which language?
Description Of This Question
Tarak Mehta (87), the popular Gujarati writer and noted play writer, has recently passed away in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The famous humorist was best known for his column “Duniya Ne Undha Chasma” in Mumbai based Gujarati news weekly “Chitralekha”. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2015. His weekly column first featured in Chitralekha news weekly in March 1971. He has written around 80 books on various pressing issues. The popular comic television serial ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ is a television adaptation of Padma Shri Taarak Mehta’s column ‘Duniya Ne Undha Chasma’.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal, the renowned author has passed away. She hailed from which country?
- Which union minister has inaugurated India’s largest waste-to-power plant in New Delhi?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Youth Skills Day (WYSD)?
- William Peter Blatty, who passed away recently, was the well-known author of which country?
- Which report was published by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to highlight that nearly 30% of World Heritage Sites are plagued by poaching, illegal logging and fishing?