- Q. - Tarak Mehta, who recently passed away, was the noted play writer of which language?
Description Of This Question
Tarak Mehta (87), the popular Gujarati writer and noted play writer, has recently passed away in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The famous humorist was best known for his column “Duniya Ne Undha Chasma” in Mumbai based Gujarati news weekly “Chitralekha”. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2015. His weekly column first featured in Chitralekha news weekly in March 1971. He has written around 80 books on various pressing issues. The popular comic television serial ‘Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah’ is a television adaptation of Padma Shri Taarak Mehta’s column ‘Duniya Ne Undha Chasma’.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 global Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI)?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Hepatitis Day (WHD)?
- India’s first centre for digital investigation and training has been set up by which state police?
- Mangesh Tendulkar, the renowned cartoonist has passed away. He hailed from which state?
- Which metro has been named as world’s first and only 100% ‘green’ metro system?