- Q. - Which state government will organise the first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival”?
Description Of This Question
The Jammu and Kashmir government will organise a first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival” from April 1, 2017 in the summer capital of Srinagar. The 15-day mega tulip festival will be part of Bahaar-e-Kashmir (Spring in Kashmir) event to showcase Asia’s largest tulip garden “Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden”. The garden has more than 20 lakh tulips of 46 varieties and its opening marks the beginning of tourism season in the Valley. At the festival site, decorated kiosks and stalls will showcase rich handicrafts and cuisine of the Valley with traditional and ethnic touch. Apart from this mega festival, an ‘Aalmi Mushaira’ event will be held wherein world famous poets will enthral the audience with their latest Urdu compositions. This too would be first-of-its-kind in the Valley.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Manpreet Kaur, who recently clinched Gold at the 2017 Asian Grand Prix Meet, is associated with which sports?
- Which Indian actress has won the best actress award at the New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF) 2017?
- In which region of India the Mission Indradhanush will be launched on October 7, 2017?
- Who has been appointed as the Vice Chairman of the NITI Aayog?
- Consider the following statements with respect to ‘Nano Missile’ developed for Indian Army:
I. It has been developed by Dacharla Panduranga Rohith, a student of SRM University.
II. It is 1-cm in length and can fly by burning the red phosphorus.