- Q. - Which state government will organise the first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival”?
Description Of This Question
The Jammu and Kashmir government will organise a first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival” from April 1, 2017 in the summer capital of Srinagar. The 15-day mega tulip festival will be part of Bahaar-e-Kashmir (Spring in Kashmir) event to showcase Asia’s largest tulip garden “Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden”. The garden has more than 20 lakh tulips of 46 varieties and its opening marks the beginning of tourism season in the Valley. At the festival site, decorated kiosks and stalls will showcase rich handicrafts and cuisine of the Valley with traditional and ethnic touch. Apart from this mega festival, an ‘Aalmi Mushaira’ event will be held wherein world famous poets will enthral the audience with their latest Urdu compositions. This too would be first-of-its-kind in the Valley.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country has recently ratify International Solar Alliance (ISA) framework?
- What amount of Extra Budgetary Resource can be raised by NABARD during 2017-18 for completing a number of major and medium irrigation projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY)?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Thalassaemia Day (WTD)?
- Javier Valdez, the renowned journalist has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- The International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day (ICDRD) is observed on which date?