- Q. - Which state government will organise the first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival”?
Description Of This Question
The Jammu and Kashmir government will organise a first-of-its-kind “Tulip festival” from April 1, 2017 in the summer capital of Srinagar. The 15-day mega tulip festival will be part of Bahaar-e-Kashmir (Spring in Kashmir) event to showcase Asia’s largest tulip garden “Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden”. The garden has more than 20 lakh tulips of 46 varieties and its opening marks the beginning of tourism season in the Valley. At the festival site, decorated kiosks and stalls will showcase rich handicrafts and cuisine of the Valley with traditional and ethnic touch. Apart from this mega festival, an ‘Aalmi Mushaira’ event will be held wherein world famous poets will enthral the audience with their latest Urdu compositions. This too would be first-of-its-kind in the Valley.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is the newly elected Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)?
- Which committee has been formed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on corporate governance?
- Which state government has recently signed a reworked MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for Barmer refinery?
- Which city has become the first Indian city to offer 1Gbps wired broadband internet service?
- Who won the 10th Mumbai Mayor’s Cup International Open Chess Tournament?