- Q. - Which state government has officially launched women safety application “Ammavin Aran”?
Description Of This Question
The All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) IT wing has launched the first-of-its-kind women safety application ‘Ammavin Aran’ in Tamil Nadu. The app will give the user details about the nearest police station and hospital along with map details and phone number. There is an in-built whistle, which can manipulate the phone speaker to create a loud noise when pressed by anyone in distress. The app also carries an in-built call recorder and ‘Tips’ icon to provide life saving information. The meaning of ‘Ammavin Aran’ is “mother’s fortress”. Currently, AIADMK is in power in Tamil Nadu and is the third largest party in the Indian Parliament.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The International Firefighters’ Day (IFFD) is observed on which date?
- Venkaiah Naidu was elected as 13th Vice-President of India. Which Article of the Indian Constitution provides for the election of the Vice-President?
- Justice (retd) Leila Seth, the renowned jurist has passed away. She was the first woman chief justice of which high court?
- India’s first Micro Drama Fest was named after a Greek Actor. What was the name of this fest?
- Which country has become the first NATO member to launch self-contained cyber command unit?