- Q. - Which state government has launched an Idea2POC fund for women entrepreneurs?
Description Of This Question
The Karnataka government has launched a Rs 10-crore Idea2POC (Idea to Proof of Concept) fund for women entrepreneurs. Under the fund, the Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology can sanction upto Rs 50 lakhs for any woman innovator looking for funds for proof of concept validation, certification, and for other purposes such as to cover costs in manufacturing pilot devices. The new fund for women entrepreneurs was set up by the IT, BT and S&T Department, under the MultiSector Startup Policy of Karnataka. Apart from this, Karnataka already has three other Idea2POC funds, one for all technology sectors (Rs 10 crore), one focused on agriculture (Rs 2.5 crore) and another focused on tourism (Rs 2.5 crore).
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country to build its’ first national under water observatory in disputed South China Sea?
- Health Minister of India has been awarded with the WHO’s special recognition award for tobacco control. What is his name?
- Himachal Pradesh has bagged the Krishi Karnam Award( 2016-16) for the
- Who was first cricketer to score 10,000 Test runs?
- What is the theme of the 2017 Commonwealth Day?