- Q. - Rabi Ray, the former Lok Sabha speaker has passed away. He hailed from which of the following states?
Description Of This Question
Rabi Ray (91), the noted socialist leader and former Lok Sabha speaker, has recently passed away in Cuttack, Odisha. Ray was the Union Minister of health and family welfare in the Morarji Desai ministry from January 1979 to January 1980 and the speaker of 9th Lok Sabha from 1989-1991. In 1991, he was re-elected to the 10th Lok Sabha from Kendrapada in Odisha. He was also a former chairman of Common Wealth Speakers Forum.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the stressed advance ratio as of March 2017, according to RBI?
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI)?
- The Union Cabinet has approved how much percentage of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs)?
- In which city the India Club on August 13, 2017 hosted the India Day to mark India’s Independence Day?
- Identify the personality who passed away recently.
I. She was known as ‘Pakistan’s Mother Teresa’.
II. She was a German physician who worked to eradicate leprosy.