- Q. - Rabi Ray, the former Lok Sabha speaker has passed away. He hailed from which of the following states?
Description Of This Question
Rabi Ray (91), the noted socialist leader and former Lok Sabha speaker, has recently passed away in Cuttack, Odisha. Ray was the Union Minister of health and family welfare in the Morarji Desai ministry from January 1979 to January 1980 and the speaker of 9th Lok Sabha from 1989-1991. In 1991, he was re-elected to the 10th Lok Sabha from Kendrapada in Odisha. He was also a former chairman of Common Wealth Speakers Forum.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2016 World Blitz Chess Championship?
- Which country is hosting the 18th edition of Asia’s largest convention on the business of media and entertainment “FICCI Frames-2017”?
- The Domari language is spoken in which among the following regions?
- Recently First direct London to China train completes how many km run?
- Which union minister has launched the NCERT web portal for home delivery of books?