- Q. - Which parliamentary committee has suggested merger of state-run telecom firms BSNL and MTNL for their long-term survival?
Description Of This Question
The Committee of Petitions headed by BJP MP Bhagat Singh Koshyari has tabled a report in Lok Sabha which suggests the merger state-run telecom firms Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for their long-term survival. As per the Parliamentary committee report, the merger will create a bigger state-owned telecom company, which would give a tough competition to other private telecom players present in the market.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the growth rate of the Indian economy in the first quarter of this financial year?
- Which city to host the 2017 World Food India (WFI)?
- Who has become the first woman to lead a federation” covering sporting activities for men and women?
- Against which country Indian men’s Hockey team registered 4-3 win to seal the two-match hockey series?
- Which racer has won the Singapore Grand Prix?