- Q. - Which parliamentary committee has suggested merger of state-run telecom firms BSNL and MTNL for their long-term survival?
Description Of This Question
The Committee of Petitions headed by BJP MP Bhagat Singh Koshyari has tabled a report in Lok Sabha which suggests the merger state-run telecom firms Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for their long-term survival. As per the Parliamentary committee report, the merger will create a bigger state-owned telecom company, which would give a tough competition to other private telecom players present in the market.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s longest bridge “Dhola-Sadia Bridge” has built over which tributary of the Brahmaputra River?
- Which IIT institute has developed ‘soil-to-soil’ technology to manufacture cheaper, quicker and pollution-free bio fuel?
- Which of the following state governments have signed MoU to prepare State Resident Data Base (SRDB)?
- Where is the headquarters of the think-tank Atlantic Council (AC)?
- Who was selected for Prem Nazir award for the year 2017?