- Q. - How much loan amount has been sanctioned by the World Bank (WB) for the Tejaswini project?
Description Of This Question
The World Bank (WB) will provide $63 million loan to India to empower approx 6.8 lakh adolescent girls in Jharkhand under the ‘Tejaswini: Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women’ project. For this, a financing agreement for International Development Association (IDA) credit of $ 63 million (equivalent) has recently signed between the WB and the Government of India (GoI). The Tejaswini project will be delivered in 17 districts of Jharkhand. It has three main components — expanding social, educational and economic opportunities; intensive service delivery; and state capacity-building and implementation support. The closing date for the project is June 30, 2021.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which city is hosting India’s first-ever International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Tour event?
- Haji Abdul Salam, who recently passed away, was the Member of Rajya Sabha from which state?
- The International conference on “Dara Shikoh – Reclaiming Spiritual Legacy of India” will be held in which city?
- Which state government has recently gave official language status to endangered tribal language “Kurukh”?
- Which state government has launched “Kakatiya Hub for Social Innovation” India’s first social innovation centre?