- Q. - How much loan amount has been sanctioned by the World Bank (WB) for the Tejaswini project?
Description Of This Question
The World Bank (WB) will provide $63 million loan to India to empower approx 6.8 lakh adolescent girls in Jharkhand under the ‘Tejaswini: Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women’ project. For this, a financing agreement for International Development Association (IDA) credit of $ 63 million (equivalent) has recently signed between the WB and the Government of India (GoI). The Tejaswini project will be delivered in 17 districts of Jharkhand. It has three main components — expanding social, educational and economic opportunities; intensive service delivery; and state capacity-building and implementation support. The closing date for the project is June 30, 2021.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Former Union minister Sanwar Lal Jat passes away at the age of 62 on August 9, 2017. Which national party he represented?
- The 2017 National Standards Conclave (NSC) was held in which city?
- India’s first private sector small arms manufacturing plant has set up in which state?
- India won 2 Silver and 6 Bronze at the Asian Junior Individual Squash Championship held at _________.
- Which state government will launch a unique programme “Ammaku Vandaman” in schools to pay tribute to mothers?