- Q. - The Kaundinya Wildlife Sanctuary (KWLS) is located in which state?
Description Of This Question
The Kaundinya Wild Life Sanctuary (KWLS) is a wildlife sanctuary and an elephant reserve loacted in Andhra Pradesh. It is the only sanctuary in Andhra Pradesh with a population of Asian elephants, which migrated after 200 years from neighbouring regions. The sanctuary is covered by southern tropical dry deciduous and thorn forests. Some of the important flora consists of Albizia amara, Acacia, Lagerstroemia, Ficus, bamboo, and a species which is a regeneration of Santalum album.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the theme of 2017 International Mine Awareness Day (IMAD)?
- Who is the newly elected Chief Justice of Pakistan?
- What is the growth rate of the Indian economy in the first quarter of this financial year?
- Which state government has implemented ‘green protocol’ to make the weddings more nature-friendly?
- Which country is hosting the United Nations Day of Vesak – 2017?