- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Happiness Index (WHI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked at 122nd out of 155 countries in the 2017 United Nations’s World Happiness Index (WHI), as per recently released World Happiness Report (WHR) 2017. Among the 8 SAARC nations, Pakistan is at 80th position, Nepal stood at 99, Bhutan at 97, Bangladesh at 110 while Sri Lanka is at 120. The list is topped by Norway, followed by Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and Finland. The rankings are based on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per person, healthy life expectancy with four factors from global surveys. In those surveys, people give scores from 1 to 10 on how much social support they feel they have if something goes wrong, their freedom to make their own life choices, their sense of how corrupt their society is and how generous they are.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which football club has won the 2017 UEFA Champions League trophy?
- Who is the newly elected Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)?
- Which union minister has recently launched Test & Treat policy for HIV patients?
- Who has been declared the Man of the Series in the 2017 Border Gavaskar Trophy?
- India’s first transgender school “Sahaj International” has started in which state?