- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Happiness Index (WHI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked at 122nd out of 155 countries in the 2017 United Nations’s World Happiness Index (WHI), as per recently released World Happiness Report (WHR) 2017. Among the 8 SAARC nations, Pakistan is at 80th position, Nepal stood at 99, Bhutan at 97, Bangladesh at 110 while Sri Lanka is at 120. The list is topped by Norway, followed by Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and Finland. The rankings are based on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) per person, healthy life expectancy with four factors from global surveys. In those surveys, people give scores from 1 to 10 on how much social support they feel they have if something goes wrong, their freedom to make their own life choices, their sense of how corrupt their society is and how generous they are.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country won the sixth World Junior Squash Championship held in Tauranga, New Zealand?
- Konstantinos Mitsotakis, who passed away recently, was the former Prime Minister of which country?
- One of the foremost exponents of the Dhrupad tradition and the youngest of ‘Dagar family’ died recently. What is his name?
- Who has been chosen for the Glenfiddich’s Emerging Artist of the Year 2017?
- Who is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature”?