- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 131st out of 188 countries in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI), as per latest Human Development Report (HDR) 2016 by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). As per the report, India’s rank of 131 puts it in the “medium human development” bracket, which also includes nations like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, Kenya, Myanmar and Nepal. The report also stated that regional disparities in education, health and living standards within India or inequality in human development has caused India’s downfall to 27% on HDI score. The list is topped by Norway, followed by Australia and Switzerland.
Related Topics & Questions:
- With which country India signed an agreement to provide US $318 million line of credit for the development of the railway sector in the country?
- H S Mahadeva Prasad, who passed away recently, was the Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) of which constituency?
- With which country Union Health Ministry collaborated to launch the national human milk bank called ‘Vatsalya – Maatri Amrit Kosh’ in New Delhi?
- Who has bagged the Sahitya Academy Award for translation 2016 has his book One Part Woman is a translated version of which Tamil novel?
- What is the theme of 2017 World Meteorological Day (WMD)?