- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 131st out of 188 countries in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI), as per latest Human Development Report (HDR) 2016 by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). As per the report, India’s rank of 131 puts it in the “medium human development” bracket, which also includes nations like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, Kenya, Myanmar and Nepal. The report also stated that regional disparities in education, health and living standards within India or inequality in human development has caused India’s downfall to 27% on HDI score. The list is topped by Norway, followed by Australia and Switzerland.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which two states the Union Government approved setting up of electronic manufacturing cluster?
- Which country to host 5th Global Conference on Cyber Space (GCCS)-2017?
- Who has been sworn as the new President of Nicaragua?
- Which literary great will feature on the new 10-pound note that was unveiled in the United Kingdom on July 18, 2017?
- Which Indian grandmaster has won bronze at 2017 Women’s World Chess Championship?