- Q. - What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI)?
Description Of This Question
India has been ranked 131st out of 188 countries in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI), as per latest Human Development Report (HDR) 2016 by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). As per the report, India’s rank of 131 puts it in the “medium human development” bracket, which also includes nations like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Pakistan, Kenya, Myanmar and Nepal. The report also stated that regional disparities in education, health and living standards within India or inequality in human development has caused India’s downfall to 27% on HDI score. The list is topped by Norway, followed by Australia and Switzerland.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has become the first Indian to be nominated as a member of the ITTF Umpires and Referees Committee (URC)?
- Which film will represent India at the 52nd Karlong Vary International Film Festival?
- Jiratchaya Sirimongkolnawin has been crowned the new Miss International Queen 2016. She hails from which country?
- The Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary (MWS) is located in which state?
- Which union minister has launched a new tax payer service module ‘Aaykar Setu’?