- Q. - India’s largest floating solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) plant has been installed in which state?
Description Of This Question
The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has recently installed India’s largest floating solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) plant at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant (RGCCPP) in Kerala’s Kayamkulam district. This 100 kWp (kilowatt peak) floating solar generation plant has been indigenously developed by NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance (NETRA) in collaboration with Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chennai. The system was installed by Swelect Energy Systems Ltd, Chennai with support from NETRA & NTPC Kayamkulam station in a short span of 22 days. The solar PV plant has various benefits like conserving water through reduction of evaporation, increased generation due to cooling effect on the panels, reduced installation time etc and could be installed on saline water environment.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country has become the first country to open an honorary consulate office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
- The book “Contemporary West Asia – Perspectives on Change and Continuity” has been authored by whom?
- Who will be appointed as Nyaya Mitras to expedite the pending cases across the country?
- Which union minister has given the additional charge of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC)?
- Gayatri Pullela is associated with which sports?