- Q. - India’s largest floating solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) plant has been installed in which state?
Description Of This Question
The National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) has recently installed India’s largest floating solar Photo-Voltaic (PV) plant at Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant (RGCCPP) in Kerala’s Kayamkulam district. This 100 kWp (kilowatt peak) floating solar generation plant has been indigenously developed by NTPC Energy Technology Research Alliance (NETRA) in collaboration with Central Institute of Plastic Engineering & Technology (CIPET), Chennai. The system was installed by Swelect Energy Systems Ltd, Chennai with support from NETRA & NTPC Kayamkulam station in a short span of 22 days. The solar PV plant has various benefits like conserving water through reduction of evaporation, increased generation due to cooling effect on the panels, reduced installation time etc and could be installed on saline water environment.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which city the India Club on August 13, 2017 hosted the India Day to mark India’s Independence Day?
- Which tennis pair has won the 2017 WTA Brisbane International Women’s doubles Tennis trophy?
- Who is the author of the book “Welcome to Nowhere”?
- Indus OS has partnered with which Indian Bank to launch an OS-integrated UPI payment platform?
- What was the 2017 theme of ‘International Nurses Day’ celebrated on 12 May 2017?