- Q. - Which Indian institute has won the 2017 IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has won the 2017 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award for its solar-Direct Current (DC) inverter system. The system, developed using micro grid technology, converts in-home power distribution from 230V Analog Current to 48V DC to directly power appliances and devices. The system is also equipped to tap rooftop solar power that makes it the most energy efficient solution for homes and offices.The award is presented to the company/institution voted by IEEE Spectrum editors as having developed the technology that has the potential to benefit mankind.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Where was the second meeting of India-UK Home Affairs Dialogue held?
- Who will be the new under-secretary General of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)?
- What is the theme of the 2017 World Kidney Day (WKD)?
- The 2017 United Nations Oceans Conference will be held in which city?
- Who is the author of the book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature”?