- Q. - Which Indian institute has won the 2017 IEEE Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award?
Description Of This Question
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has won the 2017 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Spectrum Technology in the Service of Society Award for its solar-Direct Current (DC) inverter system. The system, developed using micro grid technology, converts in-home power distribution from 230V Analog Current to 48V DC to directly power appliances and devices. The system is also equipped to tap rooftop solar power that makes it the most energy efficient solution for homes and offices.The award is presented to the company/institution voted by IEEE Spectrum editors as having developed the technology that has the potential to benefit mankind.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Where will be the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy set up?
- Which state government has launched “Kilkari” app to create awarness among pregnant women?
- Where was the Archery World Cup Stage II held in 2017?
- Which of the following plays has been written by renowned Polish-US playwright and screenwriter Janusz Glowacki?
I. Antigone in New York
II. The Fourth Sister
III. Hunting Cockroaches
- By how much percent GST cess on a range of cars has been hiked?