- Q. - Which Indian cricket player has won the Sir Garfield Sober Trophy for 2016?
Description Of This Question
Ravichandran Ashwin has recently won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016 as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2016 from former India captains Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. With this, he became the 3rd Indian to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year after Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar and also the second cricketer ever after Dravid to win the two awards in the same year. The Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the International Cricket Council to its chosen world player of the year. It was first awarded in 2004 to Rahul Dravid.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Tejas successfully test-fired Derby Air-to-Air BVR missile in RADAR guided mode. What kind of aircraft is Tejas?
- Who has been appointed the new chairman of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)?
- The first-ever Ganga Cleanliness Pledge Day (GCPD) will be observed on which date in India?
- Girish Saxena, who passed away recently, was the former governor of which state?
- Which country to host the 22nd edition of Asian Athletics Championship 2017?