- Q. - Which Indian cricket player has won the Sir Garfield Sober Trophy for 2016?
Description Of This Question
Ravichandran Ashwin has recently won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016 as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2016 from former India captains Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. With this, he became the 3rd Indian to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year after Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar and also the second cricketer ever after Dravid to win the two awards in the same year. The Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the International Cricket Council to its chosen world player of the year. It was first awarded in 2004 to Rahul Dravid.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which Indian bank has launched a unique credit card “Unnati” to spread credit inclusion?
- Which of the following districts will become India’s first carbon neutral district?
- The book “Scattered Souls” has been authored by whom?
- Who has been appointed as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) of Railways?
- Karan Singh, who passed away recently, was the minister of which Indian state?