- Q. - Which Indian cricket player has won the Sir Garfield Sober Trophy for 2016?
Description Of This Question
Ravichandran Ashwin has recently won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year 2016 as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year 2016 from former India captains Kapil Dev and Sunil Gavaskar. With this, he became the 3rd Indian to win the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year after Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar and also the second cricketer ever after Dravid to win the two awards in the same year. The Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the International Cricket Council to its chosen world player of the year. It was first awarded in 2004 to Rahul Dravid.
Related Topics & Questions:
- When is the World Photographer day observed?
- Which country has launched nationwide military operation ‘Radd-ul-Fasaad’ to eliminate terrorists?
- Which Indian personality has become the Vice-President (VP) of the Local Organising Committee (LoC) of the FIFA U-17 World Cup 2017?
- The Keibul Lamjao National Park is located in which state?
- Velavan Senthilkumar is associated with which sports?