- Q. - Which of the following will become the first e-commerce company to take membership of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?
Description Of This Question
Paytm will become the first e-commerce company to take membership of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) in April 2017. The move is significant because advertising violations by e-commerce companies, which are big spenders on television, print and digital media, have been on the rise in recent years. This move comes after the six complaints which are filed against the errant advertisers under the e-commerce majors PAYTM, Amazon, Clear trip, Magic bricks, free charge and Pepper fry for making false and misleading claims on November 2016.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which bank has recently signed MoU with CREDAI to work towards providing housing for all?
- Which state government has launched “G-Ride”, a digital ride sharing app for techies?
- Which country has recently hosted the Chitwan Elephant Festival to promote tourism?
- Which public sector bank has launched mobile wallet “Bataua” for digital payments?
- India’s first caterpillar train will be set up by which state government of India?