- Q. - Which country is set to become the new member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)?
Description Of This Question
Montenegro is set to become the 29th member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) after US Senate ratify its entry into NATO. Though, ratification from Spain and the Netherlands is still pending ahead of a NATO summit in May 2017. The move was strongly opposed by Russia because it considers Montenegro and other western Balkan states part of its sphere of interest. Thus, Russia opposes the Western military alliance’s expansion in the Balkans. It must be noted that Montenegro was the former ally of Russia. Under NATO’s principle of collective defense, an attack against one ally is considered an attack against them all.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has been declared the Man of the Series in the 2017 Border Gavaskar Trophy?
- What was the name given to the unique microbus recently discovered by NASA?
- The book “You Got Magic” has been authored by whom?
- The 2017 National Standards Conclave (NSC) was held in which city?
- Who has won the men’s singles title at the 2017 All England Open badminton championships?