- Q. - Which country to build its’ first national under water observatory in disputed South China Sea?
Description Of This Question
China will build its first national underwater observatory in the disputed South China Sea. Such a platform will reportedly allow the country to keep a check on underwater physical, chemical, and geological dynamics in real time and will also be used for other purposes. The construction work on the platform will be done with the help of Shanghai’s Tongji University and the Institute of Acoustics. By building this underwater observation platform, China will become an active part of the international competition. China has maritime disputes in the South China Sea and East China Sea. It claims almost all the waters, which carry a third of the world’s maritime traffic and has huge amounts of oil and natural gas. The waters are also claimed by the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan. China also contests Japan’s hold over the islands in the East China Sea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has launched “Mahaswayam portal” for job seekers and employers?
- PM Narendra Modi launched real-time bank-to-bank money transfer platform, name the platform.
- Himachal Pradesh has bagged the Krishi Karnam Award( 2016-16) for the
- The book “The Untold Story of Talking Books” has been authored by whom?
- Prasar Bharati has signed MoU with which country’s public broadcasting agency to step up cooperation in the broadcasting sector?