- Q. - Which country to build its’ first national under water observatory in disputed South China Sea?
Description Of This Question
China will build its first national underwater observatory in the disputed South China Sea. Such a platform will reportedly allow the country to keep a check on underwater physical, chemical, and geological dynamics in real time and will also be used for other purposes. The construction work on the platform will be done with the help of Shanghai’s Tongji University and the Institute of Acoustics. By building this underwater observation platform, China will become an active part of the international competition. China has maritime disputes in the South China Sea and East China Sea. It claims almost all the waters, which carry a third of the world’s maritime traffic and has huge amounts of oil and natural gas. The waters are also claimed by the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan. China also contests Japan’s hold over the islands in the East China Sea.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Recently World Immunization Week 2017 observed with the theme
- The world’s first gender literature fest will be held in which country?
- In which category Sajan of India won the bronze medal at the Junior World Wrestling Championships in Tampere, Finland?
- Maggie MacDonnell has won the 2017 Global Teacher Prize. She hails from which country?
- Who has been appointed as the India’s new ambassador to France?