- Q. - Which company has become the first Indian power utility to successfully deploy tele-protection service using Line-Differential Relay (LDR) over an IP/MPLS network?
Description Of This Question
The Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (TATA Power-DDL) has become the first Indian power utility to successfully implement teleprotection service using Line-Differential Relay (LDR) over an IP/MPLS network because of the deal with Nokia. The Nokia IP/MPLS technology has improved the reliability, scalability, security and efficiency of power distribution. The Nokia’s enhanced system will allow Tata Power-DDL to receive nearly instant updates of any fault in its infrastructure and reroute power through alternative lines to minimize the disruption to the end consumer. The system connects all grid stations and ensures there is tele-protection and in case there is a fault, then it can be addressed immediately. Apart from the network upgradation, Nokia’s system also provides more traditional business applications such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and video surveillance systems.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2017 CEAT International Cricketer of the Year award?
- Which bank has been adjudged the “Best Small Bank” award for 2016?
- Which news agency will set up $1 million fund to boost BRICS media cooperation?
- The Sonai Rupai Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?
- Who has won the award for the 2016 Men’s Player of the Year by the Golf Industry Association (GIA)?