- Q. - Which committee has submitted its’ report to the Union Government to protect the interests of the migrants?
Description Of This Question
The ‘Working Group on Migration’ headed by Partha Mukhopadhay has recently submitted its report to the Union Government, which was constituted by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation in 2015. The Working Group has recommended that the Protocols of the Registrar General of India (RGI) needs to be amended to enable caste based enumeration of migrants so that they can avail the attendant benefits in the States to which migration takes place. It also recommended that migrants should be enabled to avail benefits of Public Distribution System (PDS) in the destination State by providing for inter-State operability of PDS. The Group suggested that the hugely underutilized Construction Workers Welfare Cess Fund (CWWCF) should be used to promote rental housing, working Women Hostels etc., for the benefit of migrants.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India and which United Nations organisation have launched partnership fund to promote sustainable development?
- Manappuram Finance launched its own co-branded prepaid card in tie-up with
- Which Indian personality has been conferred with the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal of the South Korea?
- Which city to host the 4th edition of National Standards Conclave (NSC)?
- Laura Biagiotti, the renowned fashion designer passed away. She hailed from which country?