- Q. - Which committee has submitted its’ report to the Union Government to protect the interests of the migrants?
Description Of This Question
The ‘Working Group on Migration’ headed by Partha Mukhopadhay has recently submitted its report to the Union Government, which was constituted by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation in 2015. The Working Group has recommended that the Protocols of the Registrar General of India (RGI) needs to be amended to enable caste based enumeration of migrants so that they can avail the attendant benefits in the States to which migration takes place. It also recommended that migrants should be enabled to avail benefits of Public Distribution System (PDS) in the destination State by providing for inter-State operability of PDS. The Group suggested that the hugely underutilized Construction Workers Welfare Cess Fund (CWWCF) should be used to promote rental housing, working Women Hostels etc., for the benefit of migrants.
Related Topics & Questions:
- In which state 1000 PM Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Kendras has been proposed to be opened?
- Which university has bagged Visitors’ Award for ‘Best University 2017’?
- Who has become the new Solicitor General of India?
- Alwin Francis is associated with which sports?
- Which country is host to the 4th BIMSTEC Summit-2017?