- Q. - Bob Dylan, who will receive the 2016 Nobel Literature Prize, hails from which country?
Description Of This Question
Bob Dylan, the renowned US musician and poet, will finally accept his Nobel Literature Prize at a meeting with the Swedish Academy in Stockholm, Sweden in April 2017. The 2016 Nobel Prize has bestowed to Dylan for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition. The American singer was awarded the prize in October 2016 but failed to travel to pick up the award, or deliver the lecture that is required to receive the 8m kroner prize. He has become the first songwriter to win the prestigious award and the first American since novelist Toni Morrison in 1993.
Related Topics & Questions:
- India’s first-ever “village of books” will open in which state to promote tourism?
- Which country to host the 14th edition of United Nations International Day of Vesak – 2017?
- Anshu Jamsenpa has become the world’s first woman to scale Mt Everest twice within 5 days. She hails from which Indian state?
- What is the theme of the second edition of Hunar Haat-2017?
- Which Indian city has been named as the Richest Indian city, according to latest New World Wealth report?