- Q. - Who has been bestowed with the 2016 Saraswati Samman?
Description Of This Question
Mahabaleshwar Sail, the noted Konkani writer, has been honoured with the 2017 Saraswati Samman for his novel ‘Hawthan’. The Goa-based Sail is a renowned bi-lingual writer who has four Marathi dramas and seven Konkani novels to his credit. The award carries a cash prize of Rs.15 lakh and a citation.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently signed a MoU with Bharat Broadband Network Ltd (BBNL) to implement BharatNet?
- Which country has become the first country in the world to ban the mining of metals?
- With which country India signed a “white shipping” agreement to improve data sharing on non-classified merchant navy ships or cargo ship?
- The World Braille Day (WBD) is observed on which date?
- Who of the following has won the 2017 Men’s Doubles Tallahassee Challenger title?