- Q. - Who has been bestowed with the 2016 Saraswati Samman?
Description Of This Question
Mahabaleshwar Sail, the noted Konkani writer, has been honoured with the 2017 Saraswati Samman for his novel ‘Hawthan’. The Goa-based Sail is a renowned bi-lingual writer who has four Marathi dramas and seven Konkani novels to his credit. The award carries a cash prize of Rs.15 lakh and a citation.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which city is hosting the 2017 Indian Panorama Film Festival?
- Which Indian sportsperson has clinched bronze in men’s Greco-Roman 85kg category at the 2017 Asian Wrestling Championship?
- The 2017 Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) will be implemented through which insurance company?
- Veteran actor Om Puri, who passed away recently, was belonged to which state?
- India’s first-ever “village of books” will open in which state to promote tourism?