- Q. - Who is the author of the book “When Breath Becomes Air”?
Description Of This Question
The book “When Breath Becomes Air” has been authored by Indian-American author Dr. Paul Kalanithi. It is a memoir which chronicles Kalanithi’s transformation from medical student to neurosurgeon, patient and father before his sad death from cancer while working on this book. Recently, it is in news because the book has been shortlisted for the 2017 Wellcome Book Prize. It is the first posthumously published title to be in contention for the Wellcome Book Prize.The award celebrates fiction and non-fiction works engaged with the topics of health and medicine. Apart from this, Indian-American author Siddhartha Mukherjee is also on the list of the annual prize for his study of genetics and mental health in his book “The Gene: An Intimate History”. The winner will be announced at a ceremony at Wellcome Collection on April 2017.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the theme of 2017 World Wetlands Day?
- Which of the following Private sector bank is to expand Smartup zones in Bengaluru?
- Who launched the National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB’s) Quality Mark “Logo” ?
- Who has been appointed as the new chief of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)?
- The Union Cabinet has approved how much percentage of Central Road Fund (CRF) for development and maintenance of National Waterways (NWs)?