- Q. - Who is the author of the book “When Breath Becomes Air”?
Description Of This Question
The book “When Breath Becomes Air” has been authored by Indian-American author Dr. Paul Kalanithi. It is a memoir which chronicles Kalanithi’s transformation from medical student to neurosurgeon, patient and father before his sad death from cancer while working on this book. Recently, it is in news because the book has been shortlisted for the 2017 Wellcome Book Prize. It is the first posthumously published title to be in contention for the Wellcome Book Prize.The award celebrates fiction and non-fiction works engaged with the topics of health and medicine. Apart from this, Indian-American author Siddhartha Mukherjee is also on the list of the annual prize for his study of genetics and mental health in his book “The Gene: An Intimate History”. The winner will be announced at a ceremony at Wellcome Collection on April 2017.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Gilbert Baker, the LGBT rainbow flag creator has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- With which Public Sector Bank did Asian Development Bank (ADB) sign a $100 million loan to finance Solar Rooftop projects?
- In which country WADA has suspended anti doping lab ?
- Zygmunt Bauman, who passed away recently, was the renowned sociologist of which country?
- Who has been appointed the new Deputy Governor in Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?