- Q. - Who is the author of the book “When Breath Becomes Air”?
Description Of This Question
The book “When Breath Becomes Air” has been authored by Indian-American author Dr. Paul Kalanithi. It is a memoir which chronicles Kalanithi’s transformation from medical student to neurosurgeon, patient and father before his sad death from cancer while working on this book. Recently, it is in news because the book has been shortlisted for the 2017 Wellcome Book Prize. It is the first posthumously published title to be in contention for the Wellcome Book Prize.The award celebrates fiction and non-fiction works engaged with the topics of health and medicine. Apart from this, Indian-American author Siddhartha Mukherjee is also on the list of the annual prize for his study of genetics and mental health in his book “The Gene: An Intimate History”. The winner will be announced at a ceremony at Wellcome Collection on April 2017.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who is the present chairman of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)?
- Consider the following statements with respect to recent developments under Namami Gange Programme: I. National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) approved projects worth Rs 1,900 crore for creation of sewage treatment infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi. II. 100% sewage treatment facility will be made available for Haridwar, Rishikesh, Vrindavan, Varanasi, Allahabad and NCT of Delhi.
- Who has won the 2016 Mubadala World Tennis Championship?
- The construction of world’s largest optical telescope has started in which country?
- The 2017 United Nations Oceans Conference will be held in which city?