- Q. - Who has been appointed as the full time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
Description Of This Question
Upendra Tripathy, an IAS officer of Karnataka Cadre, has been appointed as the full-time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA). The purpose of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and stakeholders can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing use of the solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner. The headquarters of ISA is located at National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwalpahari, Gurgaon.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country’s Vice President resigned amid allegations of credit-card graft?
- Sandeep Singh, who has been bestowed with the honorary degree for sporting excellence, is related to which sports?
- What is the India’s GDP growth forecast for FY 18, according to Asian Development Bank (ADB)’s latest report “Asian Development Outlook 2017”?
- Which country launched VENUS satellite (Vegetation and Environment Monitoring New Micro-Satellite)?
- What is the name of campaign launched by NITI Aayog to maximize the impact of Atal Tinkering Labs?