- Q. - Who has been appointed as the full time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
Description Of This Question
Upendra Tripathy, an IAS officer of Karnataka Cadre, has been appointed as the full-time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA). The purpose of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and stakeholders can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing use of the solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner. The headquarters of ISA is located at National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwalpahari, Gurgaon.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The World Hindi Day (WHD) is observed on which date?
- Which of the following is the world’s largest street light replacement programme of India?
- What is the India’s rank in the 2017 Human Development Index (HDI)?
- Manappuram Finance launched its own co-branded prepaid card in tie-up with
- Which committee has been formed by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on corporate governance?