- Q. - Who has been appointed as the full time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)?
Description Of This Question
Upendra Tripathy, an IAS officer of Karnataka Cadre, has been appointed as the full-time Interim Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA). The purpose of the ISA is to provide a dedicated platform for cooperation among solar resource rich countries where the global community including bilateral and multilateral organizations, corporates, industry, and stakeholders can make a positive contribution to assist and help achieve the common goals of increasing use of the solar energy in meeting energy needs of prospective ISA member countries in a safe, convenient, affordable, equitable and sustainable manner. The headquarters of ISA is located at National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Gwalpahari, Gurgaon.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which private defence manufacturer has developed two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) ‘Shachi’ and ‘Shruti’?
- Which state has become the first to launch the official e-wallet for the public?
- What is the theme of 2017 National Youth Festival (NYF) in India?
- The Mudumalai National Park is located in which state?
- Love Raj Singh has become the first Indian to scale Mt. Everest 6 times. He hails from which state?