- Q. - The 11th edition of The Indo-Nepal military exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XI” has started in which state?
Description Of This Question
The 11th edition of joint military exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XI” has started between India and Nepal in Pithoragarh area of Uttarakhand from March 7, 2017. This is a battalion level joint exercise between the two armies. The purpose of the two week long exercise is to train both the troops in the area of various counter insurgency operations over a prolonged period. It will also focus on other important aspects such as humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations and environmental conservation. Both the armies will mutually benefit from the varied experiences gained during the exercise. The exercise is part of a series of joint training with friendly foreign countries by the Indian armed forces.
Related Topics & Questions:
- “Good Samaritan Policy” has been launched by which state / union territory government?
- Which committee has been constituted by the Union Government to suggest improvements in National Sports Development Code (NSDC)?
- Where was the Odisha’s first MITS Mega Food Park was inaugurated recently?
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved how much loan amount for power project in Andhra Pradesh?
- Which Bollywood film has won the best film honour at the 2017 Hong Kong International Film Festival?