- Q. - The 11th edition of The Indo-Nepal military exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XI” has started in which state?
Description Of This Question
The 11th edition of joint military exercise “SURYA KIRAN-XI” has started between India and Nepal in Pithoragarh area of Uttarakhand from March 7, 2017. This is a battalion level joint exercise between the two armies. The purpose of the two week long exercise is to train both the troops in the area of various counter insurgency operations over a prolonged period. It will also focus on other important aspects such as humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations and environmental conservation. Both the armies will mutually benefit from the varied experiences gained during the exercise. The exercise is part of a series of joint training with friendly foreign countries by the Indian armed forces.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who was posthumously awarded with the President’s Police Medal for Gallantry – highest police medal – on Independence Day 2017?
- Who became the first Latvian Grand Slam Champion by winning the women’s singles title of 2017 French Open?
- Who recently became the first Indian to win the Capablanca Memorial Chess tournament at Varadero, Cuba?
- The 2017 Save Public Sector Banks Day (SPSBD) will be celebrated on which date in India?
- Which state government has decided to set up financial literacy centres in the newly created 14 blocks?