- Q. - Which union ministery has launched the Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) for analysis of malware and botnets that affect networks and systems?
Description Of This Question
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra – Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) to provide free anti-virus to computers and mobile phones for removing malicious softwares. This is a part of Digital India initiative and is operated by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under provisions of Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000. The Centre aims to enhance coordination between the Government and industry in order to encourage cyber hygiene among all end-users and to create a secure and safe internet ecosystem in India.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which country is hosting the United Nations Day of Vesak – 2017?
- Which country has become the first country to open an honorary consulate office in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City)?
- Which country has approved $75 mn high-tech chemical protective clothing for the Indian armed forces?
- Arthur Morris, who has been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame, was the legendary cricketer of which country?
- Maggie MacDonnell has won the 2017 Global Teacher Prize. She hails from which country?