- Q. - Which union ministery has launched the Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) for analysis of malware and botnets that affect networks and systems?
Description Of This Question
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra – Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) to provide free anti-virus to computers and mobile phones for removing malicious softwares. This is a part of Digital India initiative and is operated by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under provisions of Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000. The Centre aims to enhance coordination between the Government and industry in order to encourage cyber hygiene among all end-users and to create a secure and safe internet ecosystem in India.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which union minister has launched an integrated grievances redressal platform “MoPNG e Seva” for Petroleum and Gas related queries?
- Which Indian personality has been inducted into the international advisory board of Atlantic Council?
- How much amount has been allocated for Bharat Net Project to promote digital transactions into rural India?
- The 2017 Island tourism Festival has started in which state / union territory?
- Who is the newly appointed Defence Minister of India?