- Q. - Which union ministery has launched the Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) for analysis of malware and botnets that affect networks and systems?
Description Of This Question
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra – Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) to provide free anti-virus to computers and mobile phones for removing malicious softwares. This is a part of Digital India initiative and is operated by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) under provisions of Section 70B of the Information Technology Act, 2000. The Centre aims to enhance coordination between the Government and industry in order to encourage cyber hygiene among all end-users and to create a secure and safe internet ecosystem in India.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who won the Montreal Masters defeating Roger Federer?
- How much loan amount was sanctioned by NABARD for creation of rural infrastructure in Rajasthan?
- Which Indian footballer has won the 2017 Hero of the league 2017 award?
- Which new app has been launched for easy dissemination of information to ‘Divyangjans?
- Which city to host the 4th edition of National Standards Conclave (NSC)?