- Q. - India’s first dedicated Heliport will be set up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first dedicated Heliport, built by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL), will be inaugurated by the Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju at Rohini area of New Delhi on February 28, 2017. It consists of terminal building having a capacity of 150 passengers, 4-hangers with parking capacity of 16 helicopters and nine parking bays. The helicopter services shall enable citizens to fly in and out of Delhi to nearby areas in choppers. The heliport will also be used for operating services for disaster management, emergency medical services, law and order surveillance as well as a centre for the skill development of pilots and engineers. Rohini heliport will also promote regional air connectivity through helicopters in the northern region.
Related Topics & Questions:
- The Government of India (GoI) has recently approved investment proposal for generation component of Arun-3 Hydro Electric Project in which country?
- Who is nominated as Federal Reserve chief by US president Donald Trump?
- Which Indian diplomat has been appointed as the member of the United Nations (UN)’ Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)?
- For improving the health of whom the Health Ministry has issued Operational Guidelines for Planning and Implementation of Family Participatory Care (FPC)?
- Which state to host 5th South India Writers Ensemble (SIWE) literary festival?