- Q. - India’s first dedicated Heliport will be set up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first dedicated Heliport, built by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL), will be inaugurated by the Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju at Rohini area of New Delhi on February 28, 2017. It consists of terminal building having a capacity of 150 passengers, 4-hangers with parking capacity of 16 helicopters and nine parking bays. The helicopter services shall enable citizens to fly in and out of Delhi to nearby areas in choppers. The heliport will also be used for operating services for disaster management, emergency medical services, law and order surveillance as well as a centre for the skill development of pilots and engineers. Rohini heliport will also promote regional air connectivity through helicopters in the northern region.
Related Topics & Questions:
- What is the theme of 2017 Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF)?
- Who will become the new Prime Minister of Nepal?
- Which state government has launched a program to provide free wifi facilities in educational institutions?
- Jonathan Demme, the Oscar-winning filmmaker has passed away. He hailed from which country?
- Who has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Kerala High Court?