- Q. - India’s first dedicated Heliport will be set up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first dedicated Heliport, built by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL), will be inaugurated by the Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju at Rohini area of New Delhi on February 28, 2017. It consists of terminal building having a capacity of 150 passengers, 4-hangers with parking capacity of 16 helicopters and nine parking bays. The helicopter services shall enable citizens to fly in and out of Delhi to nearby areas in choppers. The heliport will also be used for operating services for disaster management, emergency medical services, law and order surveillance as well as a centre for the skill development of pilots and engineers. Rohini heliport will also promote regional air connectivity through helicopters in the northern region.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Who has won the 2016 Presidential election of Haiti?
- For which state’s Public Financial Management Capacity Building Program World Bank extended a $36 million loan?
- Which of the following will become the first e-commerce company to take membership of the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?
- Which union ministery has launched the Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre (BCMAC) for analysis of malware and botnets that affect networks and systems?
- Which high-level committee has recently submitted its report on Scouts and Guides to the Union Government?