- Q. - India’s first dedicated Heliport will be set up in which city?
Description Of This Question
India’s first dedicated Heliport, built by Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd (PHHL), will be inaugurated by the Union Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju at Rohini area of New Delhi on February 28, 2017. It consists of terminal building having a capacity of 150 passengers, 4-hangers with parking capacity of 16 helicopters and nine parking bays. The helicopter services shall enable citizens to fly in and out of Delhi to nearby areas in choppers. The heliport will also be used for operating services for disaster management, emergency medical services, law and order surveillance as well as a centre for the skill development of pilots and engineers. Rohini heliport will also promote regional air connectivity through helicopters in the northern region.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has launched a new awareness drive “Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra”?
- Who has been awarded with UN prize for securing the release of more than 100 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram?
- Which aerospace company has successfully launched rocket, on ocean platform?
- When is International tourism day observed every year?
- Which state to host National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017?