- Q. - Which country to host the 2019 Combined World Cup for shooting?
Description Of This Question
India will host the 2019 Combined World Cup for shooting, a qualifying event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, which will further boost the country’s profile as a global shooting destination. The National Rifle Association of India’s (NRAI) bid has recently approved by the International Shooting Sport Federation’s Executive Board in its meeting held in New Delhi. The Combined World Cup comprises all the three categories — shotgun, rifle and pistol, and at stake in the 2019 edition will be a number of quota places for the Tokyo Games. In the upcoming tournament, a total of 50 countries will be represented by 452 athletes and among them will be reigning and former Olympic champions, world champions and continental champions lining up against India’s top guns.
Related Topics & Questions:
- Which state government has recently gave official language status to endangered tribal language “Kurukh”?
- Who won the Atlanta Open title of tennis recently?
- With which of the following countries the US and Japan have agreed to advance their multilateral security and defence cooperation?
II. South Korea
- The World Day Against Cyber Censorship (WDACC) is observed on which date?
- Which country has become the world’s first country to officially recognise parkour as a sport?